Published on April 1st, 2009 | by Mike0
Man vs. Shark (Man wins)
That’s right, you’ve read the title correctly. An article posted in the Herald Sun outlines the manly battle that took place just off the coast of New Orleans, to read the article posted by the Herald, check out this link.
If you don’t feel like perusing the Heralds website I will give you an overview;
- Craig Clasen and his buddies were spearfishing in the Gulf of Mexico
- Filmmaker Ryan McInnis was with them on their quest to spear some tuna
- A shark (3 meter Tiger shark) appeared in the murky depths and began to circle the group and gave dangerous indications of an attack.
- Clasen positioned himself between the shark and the others, and prepared for a fight.
- The shark began making attempts to attack and the fight commenced.
- In the course of the 2 HOUR fight, Clasen stabbed the shark 7 times with his spear and even attempted to drown it, before he finished it off with a long bladed knife.
- Being the man he is, he is noted as saying that he feels very remorseful and took no pride in destroying the man eater, we at the Man Institute still think he has a little bit of a grin on his face when he wakes up in the morning knowing that he’s so manly.
For being so bad ass and defending his friends who couldn’t defend themselves we would like to salute Mr. Clasens act of heroism. It is people like him that make people like you and I look like pathetic little girls. I hope for the sake of everyone reading this, that we can all learn a lesson from this man and that each of us will grow a little more hair on our asses to give us the power we need to become the manliest men possible.
Mr. Clasen has achieved a man rating of 8/10 from the Man Institute. The two points deducted are only deducted because he didn’t sustain any life threatening wounds that he fought through during the course of the battle, and he showed remorse in his flawless victory.